Class is virtually in session! Just as this is no ordinary year, this is no ordinary conference. You are invited into our #AMLE20 virtual middle school classroom! It’s a space to play, innovate, and be creative. It’s a space to connect with colleagues. It’s a space to contribute and collect tools and resources to meet the needs of your students and your school community.
We know the challenges we’ve faced and those that still lie ahead are immense. With optimism and an eye toward opportunity, you’ll learn strategies based on middle school best practice and collaborate with educators around the world. And you won’t want to miss the launch of The Successful Middle School: This We Believe, the newly updated edition of AMLE’s foundational position paper. Every attendee will receive a free print copy mailed to them and exclusive conference sessions will help you use this landmark resource to develop a school culture, programs, and practices that embrace and develop every learner to their fullest potential.
The #AMLE20 virtual classroom is no place to sit and get! Here’s what you can expect while also earning up to 25 contact hours:
- Prior to October 16th: Attendees are assigned to their Advisory Team and will receive their copy of The Successful Middle School: This We Believe in the mail. This is your smaller group that will meet throughout the event to debrief and digest all of the insights we’ll gain.
- October 16th: The #AMLE20 library is open! Access more than a hundred recorded “Speed Learning” sessions, offering 5-10 minute digestible insights on a wide range of topics.
- The week of October 19th:Head to the #AMLE20 Teacher’s Lounge! Attendees are invited to join meet-ups with others in similar roles, school communities, or with similar needs to start the collaboration. Don’t have time to meet up? Post your questions or interact via our virtual discussion forum, or participate in other pre-conference activities in the #AMLE20 Virtual Classroom.
- October 23rd: Kick things off with the #AMLE20 Happy Hour! Friday afternoon we’ll get our creative juices flowing with the Innovation Challenge Final. Our Innovation Challenge finalists will make their pitches to our “sharks,” who will select a winner to receive $2,500 to make their idea a reality.
- October 23-25: Class is in session! We’ll meet for three days of hundreds of live, exciting sessions. Interact with world-class experts and fellow educators doing exceptional things in their own classrooms.
- October 26-November 22: Miss something, or want to revisit a session? You’ll still have access to all of the featured and speed learning sessions.